Monday, April 5, 2010

Back to Reality

So today it was back to reality. After a full week off (really it was a nasty tease to summer) it was back to the grind for me today. Thankfully my kids were great and ready to get back into the swing of things.
I do love this spring/summer weather we're having. I'm a sucker for the change in seasons. I'm always ready for Spring at the end of Winter and ready for snow come November. We took Harper for a walk after work (while our dinner was in the oven). She's so funny right now because she's not quite ready to walk completely on her own during our walks, but she wants to soo badly. Jon ended up holding her hand to prevent any scrapes and burns on her little hands from the gravel. She let him know quite loudly that she did not need the help. He held her hand anyway. :)
The weather makes me want to start running. This is an experience I tried to start last year around springtime. I failed - miserably. Athletics are just not in my genes. Don't worry - I'll try again this year. I'll probably fail again - miserably, but what's life if we don't try and fail. I have high hopes that one day I'll wake up and be graceful and athletic. My mother would probably tell me "keep dreaming sweetheart". 
So for now, I'll dream that I'm a graceful runner - waking up bright and early every morning and jogging to my hearts content, getting dressed in fashionable yet sensible clothes, work with children all day, come home and make my tired husband dinner and then cozy up on the couch for a night of play time with our non sassy daughter. If I'm gonna dream, I'm gonna dream BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment