Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Diary of a Wimpy Classroom - Day 1


First let me say that I don't blog about my classroom. Not that I don't love reading teaching blogs, but let's face it - I'm not that creative. I don't write classroom blogs - I read them! haha! Today was Day 1 in my new classroom. I had moved in all my boxes in June, however I hadn't touched anything since then.  As I walked in today I was completely overwhelmed. There was stuff everywhere!! Since I'm moving to a new grade level I wasn't sure what to keep and what to throw away. Let me give you a sneak peek. 

Later in the day I learned that the teacher who was in this room before me had been in the room for 18 years. Yikes! Like a true veteran teacher - NOTHING went to waste and EVERYTHING was saved. Let's just say I had a lot of work ahead of me. With Harper's help I slowly made my way around the room throwing things away, rearranging, throwing more things away, breaking down boxes, throwing more things away - you get the picture. I've had quite the day. Below is the video just before we left for the day. We still have a LONG way to go, but some progress is better than no progress! 


2 comments:

  1. I love Harper's commentary in the background. Your classroom looks so great! Those buckets on the wall intrigue me. I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jordon! I need to post updates - it's looking better! I'm getting there!!

    ReplyDelete