Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas!




I love Christmas. Seriously, isn't it the best holiday?! Ok, leaving out my birthday - I know you celebrate it every year - but Christmas is such a fun time of year. This year we have been busy little bees getting our house ready for the holidays. We've been baking, cleaning, wrapping, decorating, working, working, working and taking Harper to all the events we can.

We didn't take her to see Santa this year. Mainly because her reaction to Truman the Tiger scares me, I can only imagine how she would react to Santa Claus. She recognizes his image everywhere and loves to tell us. "It's Santa!" but I don't know that she really understands the whole concept. I can't wait for Christmas morning. The other day she made it into the room where I was hiding all the unwrapped gifts. She found one and looked up at me and said "WOW, Mommy Lookit!" I just can't wait to see her light up this year with her birthday and Christmas gifts rolled into one.

I can't believe my little girl will be two this year! It seems crazy that this time two years ago we were anxiously waiting her arrival. This year the sweet table is going to kill my waistline. It's really bad. I just can't seem to get enough food. Being pregnant is not an excuse, but it does help the guilt level when I go back for seconds. ha!

Not sure if I'll blog again before the Big Man arrives, so let me extend our warmest Christmas wishes from our family to yours! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment