Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Endorphins

In Legally Blonde, Reese Witherspoon has this line about endorphins. Basically saying the client she is "defending" couldn't have killed her husband because she was a workout guru. You girls know what line I'm referring to right? "Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, happy people don't kill their husbands!" I was thinking about endorphins this morning as I was trying hard not to throw up.

I don't think I've ever felt endorphins from working out. Maybe it has something to do with the fact God left out the athletic gene in my make up. I've tried to be better at exercising but I always fail. To be honest I think all the Jillian Micheals in the world are kinda full of it because I've never gotten this rise of hormones that make me feel good about myself after sweating my butt off for an hour (Ok, I can't lie - 25 minutes). It got me thinking, there are other things in life that must release endorphins. I've come up with my top ten list.

10. Free Childcare : There is nothing better than having some time to yourself - for free!
9. Sleeping in - I love waking up when the sun is up. Just makes my day.
8. Someone else cleaning my house or doing my laundry - enough said.
7. Jon putting gas in my car - I hate doing this, I love when he takes my car and does it for me.
6. Eating Ice Cream - Mint Chocolate Chip is sounding especially tasty right now.
5. Eating in general (when I'm not pregnant) - I miss food.
4. The last day of school - See Ya Later - Oh wait - nope I won't! haha
3. Buying accessories - shoes, purses and jewelry all fit in this category. It must be a girl thing.
2. Christmas Music - belting "Oh Holy Night" with Mariah Carey brings joy to my heart.
1. Getting my hair done - I love when they take 15 minutes to scrub my scalp, she must know I tip better to good scalp scrubbers.


After reviewing my list I think I've got something on Jillian - screw running, pass the mint chocolate chip!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Legally Blonde reference and just reading #2 released some endorphins for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled the whole way through this post. I've started running in the morning and I just don't get it - "runner's high"? Ummm, no - Unless I decide to wake and bake, that runner's high will NEVER happen. Seriously, I see a moving car and I have to resist the urge to run out in front of it :)

    ReplyDelete