Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summertime!

Best part of being a teacher other than snow days? Yep - two full months of summer break! Well I guess I shouldn't say "full" months, but it's a great vacation! My summer vacay didn't start so swell. Our students were gone on Tuesday, the 25th, I was out of there on Wednesday at noon. It was a such a great feeling. On Thursday I spent the day with my nephews at the pool. We had a great time. 
Thursday night, I started getting a sore throat and by Friday morning I was Siicckk!  I mean it was so bad that I had to cancel my cut and color, which was already postponed once (my highlights are getting a bit embarrassing).  I called my mother to watch Harper and I slept on the couch and fought fever all day. It was miserable. I ended up at Urgent Care on Saturday morning. The verdict? Strep Throat. I haven't had strep this bad since student teaching and even then I don't think it was this bad. I really couldn't eat again until Monday. I couldn't use my full voice until Monday, and really stopped having pain on Tuesday afternoon. MIS-ER-ABLE! 

Today I spent the day scrubbing my house of the "strep" germs. I actually feel like a human again, and I'm ready to enjoy my time off! Which will be shortly lived b/c I have to work three days next week and then two days the week after. But June 18th I'm officially finished with that place until August (or really more like the end of July). You just can't keep yourself away. ha!

Harper is growing up so fast. I can't believe each time I look at her that she's already so big. Which by the way is her new favorite thing to tell us. She'll scream at Jon from down the hall saying: "Daddy! I'm big!" It just might be the cutest thing you've ever heard. I never hear "Mom" unless she's mad (and usually it's at me b/c Jon caters to her every need, she has him so wrapped around her precious little pinky). 

We have no large plans for the summer. Dare I say the siding is "Almost" finished, I'm hoping sooner rather than later. He really doesn't have much to finish. I'm deeply into the new Laura Bush memoir, which is a much slower read than I anticipated, but still intriguing. I'm looking forward to lazy days and fun weekends with family and friends. 

Let Summertime begin!

1 comment:

  1. I ALMOST bought the Laura Bush book the other day- glad to hear that you like it. I am finished with Half Broke Horses which is by Jeanette Walls (the author of The Glass Castle)... it was so good. Maybe not as thought provoking but definitely as entertaining (in my opinion). I will pass it on to you! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete