Saturday, May 8, 2010

May Dayz

I know summer must be fast approaching because our life just went chaotic ! Between school coming to a close and home renovations we're constantly busy! 
This weekend Jon and his Grandpa Denny started working on re-siding the house. This is a going trend with us. We just can't seem to buy a house that we like out right. We're always making changes. With this house it feels like we changed everything! So far we've patched some serious drywall problems, repainted the whole house, ripped up the carpet and replaced some carpet, then tiled the rest, replaced doors and window treatments, ripped up the flower bed (at least one so far) and now we're ripping off the old siding and replacing it! WHEW! Plus, it's our intention to finish redoing the landscaping and replace the roof. (It's gonna be a long summer!) 
With school, we've been bombarded with end of the year crap. Probably not the best description, but I can't think of a better word. You would think this time of year for a teacher would be easy right? Well you're wrong. I will say there is a sense of "ease" in the classroom because testing is finished, however I'm trying to finish up units and bring the year to a close. On top of the fact the students are more than ready to be finished (which translates into CRAZY behavior) us teachers are desperately trying to check things off our list. Things like purchase orders for next year, placement forms,  thinking about changes for next year, taking down all your student's stuff so they can take it home,  thanking volunteers and room mom's, making sure all your students qualify to "end of the year" celebrations, gearing up for Science Olympiad, talking with parents about the need for summer school,and meetings, meetings, meetings!! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! 
Thankfully Harper has been sleeping well and not throwing too many tantrums. Today the Poo and I are going to watch Nathan (my nephew) and my other 4th graders plays in the OFL (Osage Football League) game! I'm so excited. This is one thing I look forward to at the end of the year. In 4th grade students get their first opportunity to play tackle football. Boy (and girls) get the whole get-up with pads and jerseys. They practice every day for two weeks after school and play one game. I love it because the kids that are usually "high energy" come to school so worn out! It's a nice change of pace and I know their getting to use up that energy somewhere other than my classroom! Today's game is super special because it's the first game on our High School's new turf! The kids are so excited about it! 
Hopefully the Binkley's will make it through the next two weeks. I'm ready for some one on one time with my baby girl! Pictures of the game and house will be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment