Saturday, May 19, 2012

Eating, Moving and Job Change - Oh my!

Wow! What a busy month May has turned out to be. Many changes are in store for our ordinary family.  My diet and pain is pretty much the same. Although I've found my choices and medicine really do help me manage my pain. I can't tell you how many people ask me "So, what DO you eat?" ha! Well, I'll tell you:

Breakfast: usually consists of cereal. There are a variety of cereals that are low fat and make me feel very normal. Otherwise, it's toast and honey (I REALLY miss butter).
Lunch: Leftovers mostly from dinner the night before. I like fat free popcorn or if I have to a lunchmeat sandwich (I'm not really a fan though).
Dinner: Salad, some sort of baked chicken or fish. There are a few frozen pizza's that I can eat a slice of. I love ground turkey or chicken for spaghetti or tacos. Fish tacos are a new favorite dinner of mine.
Most importantly to my new diet changes are snacks. I eat some sort of fruit or 100 calorie pack between each meal and before bed. It sounds strange - but snacks save my day :)

So that's it - in  nut shell. Of course there are always exceptions and times I cheat, but I sincerely pay for it, so I choose my exceptions carefully.

Our home sold and we are in the process of purchasing another one. We are moving shortly after the school year is over. Which I can't wait for!! I LOVE my summer, even if this one is going to be full of unboxing and unboxing some more.

The last little piece of change in our ordinary world is my job! I have accepted a position with Jefferson City Public Schools teaching 2nd grade. I'm a bit nervous about all the new in our lives, but I'm a champion of change. I'm excited for the new challenge that awaits!

The BEST part about the new move is high speed internet - which for you means more updates and lots more photos (since it won't take me 45 minutes to download them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment