Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Book Club!

Recently some great friends at work decided it was time to start a book club. We all read such great books and let's face it 40 minutes of plan time is just not enough to discuss a book! Our first month's selection was Ellen's book Seriously I'm Kidding. I'm going to be honest, I was a terrible first month book club member and I didn't read it. Scold away.
However, I kicked it up a notch this month and read this last month's selection which was Bill O'Reilly's book Killing Lincoln. I LOVED it. It was riveting, intriguing and I couldn't put it down!

ref=sr_1_1.jpg

Killing Lincoln

I will admit, I didn't know much about President Lincoln's assassination. I mean seriously I knew that John Wilkes Booth killed him. I'm very intrigued by President's and their administrations (mostly in the past, not so much the present ha!). I learned so much by reading this book! There were so many people in on the plan, so many people who helped it come to fruition and some serious conspiracy on who helped and slid by like they were none the wiser. If you're looking for a great read. I highly recommend it! What's next month's selection? I know you're dying to know...


51CKyadXNfL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close


Inspired by the new movie coming out, we are reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. I'll be sure to update the blog (since my sincere book club friends kindly reminded me I've been such the slacker, ha!) and let you know what I think!

1 comment:

  1. If audio books count, I could kill this whole book club thing ;) You need to read "match me if you can" and then follow it with "natural born charmer"... SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete