Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Uplifted

I've never been very good at hiding my mood. It's no secret to my friends and especially my husband. ha! Sometimes I truly think the ride of life becomes just plain overwhelming. As women, we are asked to juggle so many things and do it all with a smile on our face. We are asked to succeed at our career, look beautiful, raise our children, keep a clean and tidy house, fix and clean up dinner, gosh the list could go on forever right?

Then when something happens in life that becomes difficult we are often looked to for strength and expected to handle the situation with grace. What am I, Superwoman? If you've kept up with my blog you know that recently our pregnancy has taken some dips and turns. The changes that have had to happen so rapidly in my life have made my mood so low! (Maybe it' s the absence of starch, haha). Please understand I am well aware my situation is not nearly as bad as others have had or are having. Which I think in turn makes my mood worse because now, on top of feeling sorry for myself I have a guilty feeling. I've been desperately searching for an inner peace that will carry me for the next 12 weeks. Yesterday, I got just what I had been praying for.

After picking up Harper from our sitter, I was listening to the radio when one of my favorite songs came on the radio. As I sang along I realized the words were a gift right to my heart. As the tears flowed down my face, the peace I'd been asking for came all at once.

"I will Rise" (Chris Tomlin)

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say "It is well"

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will Rise, when he calls my name
No more sorrow, No more pain
I will Rise on eagle's wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And Rise
I will Rise

There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes


I am not SuperWoman, but I can do this. I hope some of the lyrics leave you feeling as uplifted as I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment