Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Break!

Well lots has happened since I've last had time to sit and write. You probably gave up on reading all together -- and I don't blame you! However there are lots of new and exciting events going on in the Binkley household so I will quickly attempt to catch you up! Since I've last blogged I've gotten a new phone (not the most exciting news for you, but SUPER exciting for me). Most of my pics are on the new phone and I'm still having "technical difficulties" with transferring them to the computer. So sorry that picture updates will have to wait! Without prolonging the inevitable any longer here they are...

Top 5 updates in the Binkley House:

5. Snow, Snow, and more Snow
If you don't live in mid-Missouri, you may not know about all the snow that we've been getting the last few weeks. From my last blog post (oh so long ago) you may already know I'm officially FINISHED with Winter, I'm ready for warmer temps, flip-flops, pedicures and not freezing at recess!! In true Missouri style we welcomed Spring with 6-10 inches of snow. Ew.  Thankfully the temps have been above freezing and the stuff is melting quickly. However, our Easter Egg hunts are looking more and more like they will be indoor hunts. I'm pretty sure I saw something cute on pinterest about putting glow sticks in plastic eggs and turning out the lights for an extra special indoor hunt. 
4. Elliette's cutest new words
Despite having her pacifier in her mouth 90% of the time, Elliette is talking more and more everyday. Her newest words which I find exceptionally adorable are "chalk-it nilk" (translation: chocolate milk), "I unt ore" (translation: I want more), and "wuv u" (translation: love you).  She is kinda a polly parrot these days and loves to sing and dance along to Sofia the First and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
3. Harper's growth rate
Despite being sick quite a bit this winter, Harper is still growing like crazy. I just happened to notice a week or so ago when it was warm for a small amount of time. I pulled out the clothes that were HUGE on her in the fall, and now they are too short and too tight! She tries to wear her "skirfs" (translation: skirts) from last summer and they are SUPER short. Looks like Mommy needs to go shopping! :)
2. Viva Las Vegas
For Jon's 30th birthday, we met some dear friends in Las Vegas for an extended weekend over President's weekend. This was mine and Jon's first time to Vegas, and I don't think we saw a quarter of it. We did have a nice relaxing weekend, full of sight seeing and being true "tourists". I was gawking - I'll admit it. Highlights would include a fabulous restaurant called China Publano (think noodles and tacos), the Bellagio fountains,and the Cirque du Soleil show called Zarkana.  I'm so glad we went -- it was a great weekend away. Plus we got to see Brandon & Jenn! Pictures coming soon!
1. Snow Day Remodel
On one of the days that we were all kept indoors due to snow, my wonderful do-it-yourself husband decided that the HORRIBLE carpet we had in our eating area had to go! So we picked out tile and scheduled for the install. Since the floors were being redone, we decided the wooden facade that was on the fireplace needed to be taken down so the tile could be laid against the brick of the fireplace. Once the fireplace facade was down, we realized the textured wallpaper had been painted a lighter shade of green since the facade was installed. So we took the opportunity to pull down the wallpaper on the fireplace wall. Which led to taking the wallpaper down in the adjoining kitchen, and the other three walls in the eating area. AND while we were at it - we scraped our popcorn ceilings too. So our new flooring snow day job has turned into an almost two month two room remodel. We now have wallpaper free freshly textured and painted walls and freshly textured and painted ceilings. New baseboards, new backsplash, new light fixtures and an updated fireplace. There was a small stint of time that we lived with a "kiving room" (a kitchen in our living room), and we are not yet finished with all the detail work (IT IS SERIOUSLY NEVER ENDING). But I hope to get curtains, a mantle and pictures soon! 

Until then I'm enjoying the next 5 days off from school to prep myself for the long haul of the end of the year. Even with snow on the ground I can sense spring/summer right around the corner. I'm so excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment